IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
Who We Are
0333 440 6969
Over 18s Only
We do not and will not knowingly collect information from any person under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, you must not use this Website or submit any personal data. Due to the nature of some of our products, you must be over 18 to use and shop on our website.
The Personal Data We Collect About You
When you make purchases from Ann Summers (including purchases made in-store, over the phone, via our catalogue order forms, at an Ann Summers party or this Website) we may collect the following personal data about you:
- your name, age and sex;
- your billing and delivery postal addresses, phone, and e-mail details;
- where you have registered with us, your user name and password;
- where you place an order with us, your payment card details;
- your communication and shopping preferences;
- your browsing and online shopping activities; and
- your date of birth.
We may also collect some or all of the above personal data about you when you access and browse this Website or any third party microsite (as described below), including when you sign up to receive Ann Summers newsletters. We may also collect some or all of this personal data from third parties who have your consent to pass your details to us.
We do not sell or pass any of your data to any third parties for marketing purposes.
How We May Store And Use Your Information
Ann Summers (and third party data processors/services acting on our behalf) may collect, store and process your personal data:
- To make this Website available to you and to provide you with content which is tailored to your individual tastes;
- To maintain any registered account that you hold with us
- With your agreement, to contact you (including by e-mail and SMS) about promotional offers and products and services which we think may interest you and for customer satisfaction and market research purposes;
- To provide our goods and services to you and for associate purposes, including verifying your identity;
- For research, analysis, testing, monitoring, risk management and administrative purposes;
- For any related purposes, or where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (including for crime and fraud prevention and related purposes).
We also process your payment card details in order to complete any purchase that you make through this Website and, in certain instances, disclose your personal data to third party credit reference agencies to perform credit checks against you.
In addition, we may collect anonymous details about visitors to our Website for the purposes of aggregate statistics or reporting purposes. However, no single individual will be identifiable from the anonymous details that we collect for these purposes.
Our web site may also use the SessionCam web site recording service. SessionCam is a product that has been developed by SesionCam LTD, SessionCam may record mouse clicks, mouse movements, page scrolling and any text keyed into website forms. The information collected does not include bank details or any sensitive personal data. The information collected is used to improve our website usability and is stored and used for aggregated and statistical reporting.
Ann Summers has partnered with certain trusted third parties to make available certain additional third party products, services and information to you, including:
Each of these third party products and services can be accessed online through the relevant third party's "microsite". A microsite is a website that is owned and operated by Ann Summers or a third party but and can be accessed from links on the main Ann Summers Website. Alternatively, you can visit a microsite by clicking on the links above.
You can subscribe to our newsletter where you will receive emails about products, offers, competitions, news, Ann Summers Parties and much more.
Targeted Updates and Marketing
If you have agreed that we can contact you for marketing purposes we may send you emails and other communications relating to products and services which we think will be of interest and relevance to you as an individual. We do this by monitoring the browsing and online shopping habits of customers and providing them with information on products they have viewed and related products.
Changes in Laws Regarding Cookies
For more information about cookies, please visit this independent site. (Ann Summers is not responsible for the content of external sites.)
We use Internet standard encryption technology ("SSL" or "Secure Socket Layer" technology) to encode personal data that you send to us when placing an order through the Website. To check that you are in a secure area of the Website before sending personal data to us, please look at the bottom right of your website browser and check that it displays an image of a closed padlock or an unbroken key However, please note that whilst we take appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard the personal data that you provide to us, no transmission over the Internet can ever be guaranteed secure. Consequently, please note that we cannot guarantee the security of any personal data that you transfer over the Internet to us.
If you are using a computer or terminal in a public location, we recommend that you always log out and close the website browser when you complete an online session for your security. In addition we recommend that you take the following security measures to enhance your online safety:
- Keep your account passwords private. Remember, anybody who knows your password may access your account.
- When creating a password, we recommend use at least 8 characters. A combination of letters and numbers is best. We recommend you do not use dictionary words, your name, email address, or other personal data that can be easily obtained. We also recommend that you frequently change your password. You can do this by going to ‘My Account’ and clicking ‘Change name, email or password’,
- Avoid using the same password for multiple online accounts.
We will never ask you to confirm any account or credit card details via email. If you receive an email claiming to be from annsummers.com asking you to do so, please ignore it and do not respond.
You have the following rights:
- the right to ask what personal data that we hold about you at any time, subject to a fee specified by law (currently £10);
- the right to ask us to update and correct any out-of-date or incorrect personal data that we hold about you free of charge; and
- the right to opt out of any marketing communications that we may send you.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact our customer services department. However, if you wish to unsubscribe from e-mail marketing communications that we send you, you can most easily do this by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any e-mail newsletter we have sent to you.
Third Party Sites
Internet Shopping Is Safe Accredited Retailer
Ann Summers is an ISIS accredited retailer and annsummers.com is verified as an ISIS compliant website.
Updates to this Policy