IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
We use Internet standard encryption technology ("SSL" or "Secure Socket Layer" technology) to encode personal data that you send to us when placing an order through the Website. To check that you are in a secure area of the Website before sending personal data to us, please look at the bottom right of your website browser and check that it displays an image of a closed padlock or an unbroken key
However, please note that whilst we take appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard the personal data that you provide to us, no transmission over the Internet can ever be guaranteed secure. Consequently, please note that we cannot guarantee the security of any personal data that you transfer over the Internet to us.
If you are using a computer or terminal in a public location, we recommend that you always log out and close the website browser when you complete an online session for your security. In addition we recommend that you take the following security measures to enhance your online safety:
- Keep your account passwords private. Remember, anybody who knows your password may access your account.
- When creating a password, we recommend use at least 8 characters. A combination of letters and numbers is best. We recommend you do not use dictionary words, your name, email address, or other personal data that can be easily obtained. We also recommend that you frequently change your password. You can do this by going to 'My Account' and clicking 'Change name, email or password',
- Avoid using the same password for multiple online accounts.
Internet Shopping Is Safe Accredited Retailer
Ann Summers is an ISIS accredited retailer and annsummers.com is verified as an ISIS compliant website.
We will never ask you to confirm any account or credit card details via email. If you receive an email claiming to be from annsummers.com asking you to do so, please ignore it and do not respond.
How We May Store And Use Your Information
Ann Summers (and third party data processors/services acting on our behalf) may collect, store and process your personal data:
- To make this Website available to you and to provide you with content which is tailored to your individual tastes;
- To maintain any registered account that you hold with us
- With your agreement, to contact you (including by e-mail and SMS) about promotional offers and products and services which we think may interest you and for customer satisfaction and market research purposes;
- To provide our goods and services to you and for associate purposes, including verifying your identity;
- For research, analysis, testing, monitoring, risk management and administrative purposes;
- For any related purposes, or where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (including for crime and fraud prevention and related purposes).
We also process your payment card details in order to complete any purchase that you make through this Website and, in certain instances, disclose your personal data to third party credit reference agencies to perform credit checks against you. In addition, we may collect anonymous details about visitors to our Website for the purposes of aggregate statistics or reporting purposes. However, no single individual will be identifiable from the anonymous details that we collect for these purposes.